February 02, 2020
Cookeville Regional Medical Center is recognized as Tennessee’s only hospital to receive the America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ for nine consecutive years and is Tennessee’s only hospital to receive the Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ for three consecutive years, according to a national report by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals.
CRMC’s achievement is part of findings recently released in the Healthgrades 2020 Report to the Nation, which underscores the importance of hospital quality to both consumers and hospital executives. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 32 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions using Medicare data, along with all-payer data from 15 states for bariatrics and appendectomy procedures.*
“The hospitals that stand out for exceptional performance should be commended for their long-standing commitment to quality,” said Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer for Healthgrades. “As consumers are increasingly savvy when it comes to finding and selecting a hospital, patients can be confident when they select a hospital that has achieved this Healthgrades recognition.”
“I am proud of the strides made by our physicians and staff to continually improve the quality of care we provide our patients,” said Paul Korth, CEO of Cookeville Regional.
“Having a third party recognize us for those efforts is further validation that our services are among the highest quality found anywhere. To have these achievements that no other hospital in Tennessee has attained is especially gratifying and a testament to our providers and staff for the high-quality care they provide our patients. Now, even more than before, there is very little reason for our Upper Cumberland residents to have to travel out of our region for health care.”
CRMC was also recognized for the following clinical achievements:
• ONLY IN TN – America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ for nine years in a row
• ONLY IN TN – Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 12 years in a row
• ONLY IN TN – Nation’s Top 5% for Overall Orthopedic Services for four years in a row
• ONLY IN TN – Nation’s Top 10% for Overall Orthopedic Services for 12 years in a row
• 5-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 12 years in a row
• 5-Star Recipient for Back Surgery for five years in a row
• ONLY IN TN – Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ for three years in a row
• ONLY IN TN – Nation’s Top 10% for Cardiac Surgery for three years in a row
• ONLY IN TN – 5-Star for Coronary Bypass Surgery for three years in a row
• 5-Star for Pacemaker Procedures for three years in a row
The complete Healthgrades 2020 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology can be found at partners.healthgrades.com/healthgrades-quality-solutions/healthgradesquality-awards/.
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2016 through 2018 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only.