At CRMC, we want to assure you that we have implemented protocols to provide safe and quality care to our patients, while also protecting our physicians and staff. OR simpler, You should feel confident we're keeping your family — and our caregivers — safe.
No matter what brings you in, know that we take steps every single day to keep you safe and your loved ones safe during your appointment, procedure, surgery or visit.
General Visitation Guidelines
- One designated visitor will be allowed per inpatient/observation patient per day – it does not have to be the same person each day.
- Visiting hours for these visitors will be daily from 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. No overnight stays will be permitted. (Visitors for patients with special needs will be allowed for overnight stays if approved by the attending physician.)
- One parent/guardian per pediatric patient (overnight stays allowed)
- One support person in the Birthing Center (overnight stays allowed)
- One support person in the Emergency Department (must stay in patient room)
- One support person for surgery and procedure patients, including same day patients (must wait in patient room or car until patient returns to a room)
- No visitors are allowed at the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center.
- No visitors for outpatient testing or appointments
- No visitors will be allowed for adult patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 at the medical center or in the ER except end of life or special needs as determined by the attending physician.
- No visitors under age 16 except for End of Life situations.
End of Life Visitation Guidelines
- We recognize the importance of the love of family especially at the End of life. In honor of that, CRMC will allow visitors of any age at the time of end of life. Visitors will be limited to four (4) family members at a time in the patient room/hospital. If attending physician approves more than four (4) visitors, the visitors will need to wait outside the medical center until someone leaves so that only four (4) are in the hospital at one time. Overnight stays to be determined by attending physician.
All Visitor Guidelines
- General - North Tower main entrance.
- Labor and delivery patients and their visitor - East Entrance
- Same day patients (Surgery and GI procedures) - West Entrance; visitor will then park and enter through the North Tower main entrance.
- Emergency Room - visitor presenting with the patient to triage will be screened by the triage nurse. ER visitor presenting after the patient is in the room will need to enter through the East Entrance for COVID-19 screening. No outside food or drink is allowed to be brought in the Emergency Department.
- Put on a mask before entering the building and wear a mask the entire time they are in the hospital.
- Be registered in the computer as the patient’s designated visitor.
- Present personal identification when entering the hospital. Wear an armband with patient name and room number.
- Be screened for COVID-19, including temperature checks, prior to entering the hospital (overnight visitors must be screened by the nurse each morning).
- Visitors may come and go as they wish but will not be allowed to go to the cafeteria.
- Daytime visitors (7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.) may NOT request a meal tray from Food Services; however, visitors approved for overnight stays can request a meal tray by calling Food Services at ext. 3663.
- The patient's designated visitor will be the point of contact for all other family members to call for information about the patient.
- ER waiting room, additional visitors will not be permitted to wait in the waiting room while the patient and designated visitor is in a treatment room.
CRMC encourages families to stay updated with their hospitalized loved ones via phone with calling and texting as well as video apps like FaceTime. The patient or family should designate one contact person within the family for patient updates. If the patient has no visitor, the patient’s nurse will call the patient's contact person daily with an update between 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. CRMC asks family members and caregivers refrain from calling the nursing unit for information unless it is an emergency.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING AT THIS TIME.
- No visitors will be allowed for adult patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 at the medical center or in the ER except for end of life and special needs situations as determined by the attending physician.
- One designated visitor will be allowed for patients who are under 18 or who are dependent adults living with parents. The designated visitor must remain in the patient room at all times. A guest tray will be provided for meals by calling Food Services at ext. 3663.
- CRMC is limiting entry points for the public (approved visitors) into the hospital. Only three entrances will be available for public (approved visitors) entry from 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. – the main entrance/North Tower lobby, East Entrance, and the Emergency Department entrance. The Cancer Center entrance will remain open only for patients coming to the Cancer Center. No other visitors may access the hospital from that entrance. After hours, the only public entrance to the hospital will remain through the Emergency Department.
Please do not delay coming to the Hospital, the Emergency Room, Urgent Care, Outpatient Imaging Center (OIC) or other Hospital Departments for care because of fears that you might be exposed to Covid-19. Cookeville regional has taken a number of precautionary measures to create a safe environment for the care you need such as…
- continue to screen all staff, providers, and patients
- practice universal masking of all staff and providers throughout the medical center and its locations
- continue to disinfect and clean areas frequently
- mask patients with respiratory symptoms
- rapidly move patients to rooms
- ensure patients remain a safe social distance from each other
- provide proper personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff members
- continue to practice safe social distancing