Cookeville Regional Medical Center has an established Nursing Residency Program to assist new graduates in the preparation for their career in nursing. This program was designed to provide insight and skills that enhance the professionalism, confidence, and non-clinical skills in a peer- based environment. Classes are taught by educators, nurses and facility directors. The program meets every other month for one year and covers topics such as:
- Role transition
- Leadership skills
- Effective communication
- Evidence- based practices
The Nursing Residency Program is open to all new graduates.
Most programs start in June and January; however, for new start dates on the program visit our career page.
Eligibility to apply to the program requires meeting one of the following:
- Graduating with a nursing diploma the semester immediately prior to the start date of the Nurse Resident Program.
- Position is usually posted in February for May graduates and October for December graduates.
- Applications will be posted on www.crmchealth.org/careers.
- Interviews are either conducted through a job fair one-on-one with directors or through normal applying to a position within a department.