Hospital Main Number: 931-528-2541
Nurse Navigator Program
BREAST HEALTH NAVIGATOR
In the treatment of breast cancer, it is extremely important to tie all aspects of care together. To better serve our breast cancer patients, Cookeville Regional is pleased to announce an improved approach to care with the Nurse Navigator program. With this program, all breast cancer patients will have the benefit of a nurse with them to help navigate through all steps of treatment. The nurse navigator is here to help you through this time. She will try to make sure you get the support and help that you need.
“My goal is to ease the process a patient with breast health issues encounters from diagnosis to survivorship. I aim to promote consistent care and coordination each step of the patient's journey by offering advocacy, education and support to the patient and their family. I will work with the physicians at Cookeville Regional Medical Center, and surrounding areas, to ensure the patient has everything they need throughout this process.” - Amy Ellis, RN, Breast Health Nurse Navigator
Primary role as a breast health navigator is to:
- Initiate communication with patients upon learning they have a suspicious mammogram or a positive finding,
- Guide breast health patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues and helping them arrive prepared to ask the right questions,
- Connect patients to community and social support services,
- Facilitate patient interaction and communication with health care staff and providers to get questions answered.
- Provide breast health education to individuals and groups,
- Provide a learning library for patients that includes language specific materials,
- Assist breast health patients in finding ways to pay for their breast health care,
- Assist with arranging for patient transportation as needed.
- Helping patients find balance during cancer treatment
- Helping patients learn about image enhancement
For more information, contact Amy Ellis at The Women’s Center at (931) 783-2628 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LUNG NURSE NAVIGATOR
Cookeville Regional Medical Center has expanded its nurse navigator program to help patients diagnosed with lung cancer. The lung nurse navigator is a personal resource for both the patient and the family.
Specifically the role of the lung nurse navigator is to:
- Help patients cope with the anxiety associated with lung cancer
- Decrease barriers to services
- Help to expedite access to care
- Provide information as well as resources to help the patient and his/her family
“A diagnosis of lung cancer can be overwhelming. In my new role, I’m available to help patients who have been recently diagnosed, are already living with lung cancer or have had a recurrence of the disease. I want to help make their journey as easy as possible.” - Beth Slatten, RN, Lung Nurse Navigator
The lung navigator also coordinates the lung cancer screening program for individuals with a high risk for developing lung cancer. Click here for more information about the lung screening.
To contact Beth Slatten for more information or to schedule a lung cancer screening, call (931) 783-4996.
or 866-258-5416 (toll-free)
Find a Physician
We have over 200 physicians and specialists ready to serve your health care needs.