Nurse Navigator Program
In the treatment of breast cancer, it is extremely important to tie all aspects of care together. To better serve our breast cancer patients, Cookeville Regional is pleased to announce an improved approach to care with the Nurse Navigator program. With this program, all breast cancer patients will have the benefit of a nurse with them to help navigate through all steps of treatment. The nurse navigator is here to help you through this time. She will try to make sure you get the support and help that you need.
"In my role as nurse navigator I will bring together all facets of care for breast cancer patients. I am here as a patient advocate and a health professional helping patients navigate through the health care system. I am here to help overcome personal barriers to treatment, to provide education, to help develop questions that you should ask the doctor specific to your diagnosis, and to lend emotional support. I will be there from day one to year five." - Erin Young, RN, Nurse Navigator
Primary role as a breast health navigator is to:
- Initiate communication with patients upon learning they have a suspicious mammogram or a positive finding,
- Guide breast health patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues and helping them arrive prepared to ask the right questions,
- Connect patients to community and social support services,
- Facilitate patient interaction and communication with health care staff and providers to get questions answered,
- Provide breast health education to individuals and groups,
- Provide a learning library for patients that includes language specific materials,
- Assist breast health patients in finding ways to pay for their breast health care, and
- Assist with arranging for patient transportation as needed.
- Helping patients find balance during cancer treatment
- Helping patients learn about image enhancement
For more information, contact Erin Young at The Women’s Center at (931) 783-2628 or by email at email@example.com
or 866-258-5416 (toll-free)
Find a Physician
We have over 200 physicians and specialists ready to serve your health care needs.