Hospital Main Number: 931-528-2541
Volunteer for Cancer Prevention Study-3
Volunteer today for a cancer-free tomorrow. Cancer Prevention Study-3
What if you could prevent even one family from hearing the words "you have cancer?"
What if you could help save lives from cancer and give people more of their mostprecious resource: TIME? More time with family and friends, to help create a worldwith more memories, more celebrations...and more birthdays.
This year, you can join the movement to help create a world with less cancer and morebirthdays by enrolling in the American Cancer Society’s research study called CancerPrevention Study-3 (CPS-3).
Join the movement for less cancer and more birthdays. Volunteer for CPS-3.
Who can join the study?
This study is open to anyone in the United States and Puerto Rico who is willing tocommit to the study long-term which means completing periodic follow up surveys athome for the next 20-30 years, is between 30 and 65 years old, and has never beendiagnosed with cancer (not including basal or squamous cell skin cancer).
How can you participate?
The enrollment process involves two steps. One step takes place at a local enrollmentevent, where you will be asked to read and sign an informed consent form, complete abrief written survey, provide a waist circumference measurement and a small bloodsample (similar to a doctor’s visit - 7 teaspoons total). The blood sample will be takenbe a certified, trained phlebotomist.The other step takes place at home, where you will complete a more detailed survey.This survey will ask information on lifestyle, behavioral, and other factors related toyour health.Periodically, you will receive a survey at home to update that information.To see more detail on date/time/location, visit cps3uppercumberland.org.
What else can you do?
Make sure to bring friends with you when you show upto change the world. And tell everyone you know aboutthis historic opportunity to save lives and fight for everybirthday threatened by every cancer in your community.
- Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Tennessee Tech University Fitness Center General Purpose Meeting Room Corner of 12th Street and Willow Avenue Cookeville, TN 38505.
- Thursday, August 2, 20121 1:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. Tennessee Tech University Fitness Center General Purpose Meeting Room Corner of 12th Street and Willow Avenue Cookeville, TN 38505.
- Thursday, August 2, 2012 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. AND 3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Baxter Elementary 125 Elmore Town Road Baxter, TN 38544.
- Friday, August 3, 2012 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Life Church Children’s Church Room 2223 North Washington Avenue Cookeville, TN 38501.
- Thursday, August 9, 2012 11 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Central Baptist Church1346 South Main Street Crossville, TN 38555.
- Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. AND 2 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. Chamber of Commerce 110 South Court Square McMinnville, TN 37111.
For more information, visit cancer.org/cps3 or call toll free at 1-888-604-5888.